Tuesday 18 February 2014

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

Posted morning of Tuesday 18th. Feb.

I arrived 3.30pm. yesterday and I am now established in the Motel for 3 days, and although feeling tired (it was 2.30 Monday morning UK time) I survived flights very well, so I am hoping that jet lag won' be bothering; seem fine this morning. Took a long walk after I arrived down to the large green Hagley Park just outside the city centre to regain land legs, refresh myself with real air, and keep myself awake to readjust the body clock.


The flights were very smooth all the way, and flat bed seating unbelievably brilliant: Magic Carpet really. Food great with real linen, heavy steel cutlery and napkin ring and Royal Doulton crockery down to individual tiny one off salt and pepper pots (and I thought modern air travel was about keeping the weight down) Business Class transit lounges great with all free snacks and drinks as if you needed any more than in flight, and showers if you wanted.

Didn't see much from the air as we crossed New Zealand as it was living up to its name: The Land of the Long White Cloud. But Christchurch in the sun. Just to make you sick with envy, Summer has finally arrived here; 28 degrees C. when I arrived and 21 degrees C. this morning; 20 to 26 with sunshine forecast for the next several days.

Start getting myself sorted today, with mobile simcard, car satnav, sunscreen and insect repellant etc. Then hope to look at Christchurch city centre.

1 comment:

  1. Hiya
    Your email gave me the impression that the flight was less arduous than you had anticipated. This Blog confirms it! Glad it was so smooth! Hope the rest of your stay is just as enjoyable.
    Love, Rosey

    ReplyDelete